Frequently Asked Questions
I have a lamp from another brand, is the gel polish from Laq d’Or suitable for that?Karin van Mensvoort
In principle, our Laq d'Or colors can be used with similar lamps. However, we recommend using our UV/LED lamp for the best results. This has been tested for quality and that is why we guarantee the best results from our Laq d'Or nail products in combination with our corresponding UV/LED lamp.
How long does it take before I receive my order?Karin van Mensvoort
- For national orders (The Netherlands): Orders placed before 2 p.m. will be shipped the same day on working days. Delivery time can take 1-2 business days.
- For International orders (EU countries): Shipping time can take 1-2 business days. Please note that it can take about 3-5 business days (in total) for it to be delivered to you, from the day you order until the day of delivery.
UK BREXIT Update: Due to the new customs import procedures, there may be serious delays in deliveries in the UK. Unfortunately, we cannot influence this.
Please keep the above in mind when placing your order. Most orders are delivered on time, but please allow for delays due to COVID-19 regulations. We do our very best to deliver your order on time.
How long does gel polish last?Karin van Mensvoort
Gel polish lasts up to 2 weeks on average.
How can I return an article?Karin van Mensvoort
If you don't want to keep your order after you receive it, you can choose to refuse the package from the courier or you can return the package to us. In accordance with consumer and user protection regulations: after purchase, the customer has 14 days to exercise his or her right of withdrawal from receipt of the product. Any return shipping costs are for your account. Returned items must be in the original packaging and unused. Once we have received your package at our warehouse, we will refund you the amount of the order minus shipping costs. We cannot refund items that are used, incomplete, ruined, damaged or dirty.
How to return an article:
- Fill in the return form (you can download it here: https://www.laqdor.com/shipping-returns/).
- Pack the item well in secure packaging, in the original box. Make sure it is completely sealed. Don’t forget to enclose the return form in the package.
- Choose a parcel service of your preference. Buy and download the shipping label and place it on the box.
- Take the box to the nearest shipping point or have it picked up at your home.
Help! My gel polish is hard/lumpy inside the bottle. What should I do?Karin van Mensvoort
First of all, it is of great importance that our Laq d’Or gel polish is stored correctly. Since our gel polish hardens in the UV/LED lamp, it is light sensitive. So please be careful with natural (sun)light: don’t store the product for an extended period of time near a window or around another light source. This way you prevent that the gel polish will harden inside the bottle over time.
More precautions to properly use and store the Laq d’Or gel polish:
- Do not leave the gel polish bottles open for an extended period of time. In between applying gel polish to your nails, it is recommend to close the bottle (or place the cap over it) to reduce the amount of air and light to which it is exposed.
- Do not place an open bottle too close next to the UV/LED lamp, since this may affect the gel inside the bottle.
- Make sure to store the Laq d’Or gel polish in a drawer or another dark and dry place.
- Do not store the gel polish in a fridge. Keep the bottles at room temperature.
Help! I followed all the steps from ‘how to apply the gel polish’, but still the gel polish is chipping already after a couple of days. What should I do?Karin van Mensvoort
If you went through all the steps and the application do’s and don’ts, and you still experience that the nail polish does not stay in place properly, it may be caused by the fact of natural oils in your nails. It is perfectly normal that some people have naturally oilier nails than others. Therefore, it is recommended to wipe your nails before you apply the Laq d’Or gel polish. First, file the surface of your nails and then shortly wipe your nails with a nail polish remover. Both the dust from the filing and the natural oil will be removed from your nails.
Does Laq d’Or provide a warranty on its lamps?Karin van Mensvoort
Our UV/LED lamps have been extensively tested and are therefore of the best quality. Nevertheless, it may be possible that a lamp does not work properly due to, for example, a production error. That is why we guarantee a warranty of 1 year after purchase on the Laq d'Or UV/LED lamp. If you experience any problems with the lamp, please contact us via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and describe the problem in detail. Include photos and/or videos of the issue if possible. You will then be contacted to solve this as soon as possible.
Can I track my order with a track & trace code?Karin van Mensvoort
Yes. As soon as your order has been shipped, you will receive an update with your PostNL tracking number. Please note: all shipments can be tracked via PostNL at www.postnl.nl
Can I pay afterwards?Karin van Mensvoort
Yes. If you want to pay afterwards, you can do this via PayPal.
Are your products cruelty-free?Karin van Mensvoort
Yes! We are proud to say that our gel polish is cruelty-free. Besides, it is 15-Free: our gel polish is free from Xylene, Ethyl tosylamide, parabens, Acetone, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Toluene, Dibutyl phthalate, camphor, Triphenyl Phosphate, Styrene, Bisphenol A, Glycol Ether, Nonylphenol ethoxylate and sulfates.